Monday, September 3, 2012

First Overnight Hike

Welp! My first and last overnight hike = done and done. It was great, but I think we can safely say that I have had my outdoors fix for AWHILE. I like to think i can keep up with my mountain man of a husband, but I might just be more outdoorsy in my head than I am in real life. I did get lots of sunshine, pretty views, great exercise, and swam in the most perfectly refreshing pond.... EVER. I also saw a scorpion, a snake, ticks, a plague of fire ants, enough spiders to last a lifetime and plenty of bear tracks. And all the Mosquitos in the entire Ocala national forest should have full bellies after feasting on me. (here's where we won't mention the current Wes Nile outbreak.) However, the part of the Florida Trail we hiked was featured in Backpacker magazine's article on the nation's 17 Easy Epic hikes. So, yeah... That's pretty cool. And time outdoors is always good. No matter how freshly jaded I am at this very moment. So I'm pretty happy I did it. And even happier it's done :)














































































XoXoXo Amanda

1 comment:

  1. looks like a fab of a time....just hanging out on the couch with the girla waiting on big brother to come on....hip is sore...love you

    ReplyDelete